Friday, June 1, 2012

Mixed Berry Smoothies! Yum!

This image was borrowed and I will be posting my own 
once I have a chance to take one. My camera is out of commission.


My boyfriend and I have been trying hard to eat better and one way that we have been doing this is by having Smoothies for breakfast.  Now, I call them smoothies because they are made of fruit, but my boyfriend calls them shakes. Lol.  So, you can decide for yourself which you think it should be called and let me know!

Here are the basic Mixed Berry Smoothies:

Ingredients:
  • 4 oz. of skim milk
  • 4 oz. of acai juice
  • 4 oz. of plain yogurt
  • 4 oz. of fresh strawberries (can substitute for frozen if desired)
  • 4 oz. of fresh blueberries (can substitute for frozen if desired)
  • 2 oz. of fresh raspberries 
  • 4 oz. ice cubed or crushed
  • 1/2 tsp. sugar (I prefer raw sugar)
  • 2 scoops of vanilla or plain protein powder*
*Use Whey for men and Soy for women.

Instructions:
  1. Add milk, acai juice, and plain yogurt to blender.
  2. Add protein powder and sugar
  3. Add strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries
  4. (optional) blend this all till smooth
  5. Add ice and blend until smooth.
This recipe is enough for a 32oz. glass, however that is a lot to drink for one person so we sometimes mix everything BUT the powder and add that last and split it up for the two of us.

You can leave this in the fridge if you would like to drink it later, but make sure you cover it.  I prefer it really cold so if I leave it in the fridge I always put it in the freezer for 10-30 minutes before I am going to drink it.  

I would also suggest that if this is going to be your breakfast to eat a piece of toast or something else made of grain because this smoothie is very airy and your stomach will settle better if you have something else as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...