Saturday, May 5, 2012

Don't Judge a Book by it's Cover!

Photo Courtesy of  BookWormJLG2010 on DeviantArt.


Everyone has heard of the saying "Don't Judge a Book By It's Cover".  This is something that has been on my mind lately.  I had another incident at the store the other day that really started eating at me.  IF you haven't seen some of my other posts then you don't know, but I have one of the many physical disabilities that is categorized as "an invisible disease".  I was having a bad day struggling to walk and I decided to use my handicap pass and park up front so I did not have to walk far.  There was a little old couple walking from farther back who gave me a nasty look and told me that I was doing something wrong.  I hate when people do this.  It really, really bothers me.  

Please remember everyone.  We all have our reasons for things and you really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.  Have you ever had an incident when someone judged a book by its cover?  It doesn't have to be about you if could have just been something you saw.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you, it really gets to me when others assume something that they don't know enough about to make a comment on. I am (currently) unable to work due to my anxiety, it's hard for me and OF COURSE I feel guilty for not contributing money-wise in our household; my husband is completely supportive of me and knows how I feel but I constantly have friends and family tell me I should be working and how dare I 'leech' off my husband etc etc when they don't know the truth. I chose not to tell everybody we know about it, it's embarrassing and personal and I don't think I should need to explain myself to others. It just hurts that they don't just keep their mouths closed and their opinions to themselves, take a step back and think 'maybe there is a reason for this' It's especially hard when a family member recently was divorced over his wife not wanting to work...they assume the same thing is happening to us. It makes life difficult! If only they could take a leaf our of Belle's book and be more understanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It really hurts when people say that. I had people tell me the same thing when I was unemployed. So many people just see things the way they want to or in the light that they think is the way things should be instead of looking through it and actually figuring out what could possibly be going on. It's like looking through fog and just deciding what the shadow is without having the full picture.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...