Friday, June 22, 2012

Summer #BlogChallenge Day #18: A Recipe I Love

--A Recipe I Love--


This one is really easy for me, but we just ate it all so I can't take pictures until the next time we make it.  Lol.  Maybe I will beg my boyfriend to let me make it again. Haha.  I will give you the recipe with the substitutions if you want those as well!


Chicken Stir-Fry (Thanks to my boyfriends father, Thank you!)



Ingredients
2-3 whole
Boneless Chicken Breasts
2-4 whole
Carrots
1 whole
Yellow or White Onion
2 Cups
Rice (white or brown)
1-2 whole
Eggs
2 Tbsp
Salt (can substitute for 1 Tbsp)
2 Tbsp
Regular or Low Sodium Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp
Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp
Black Pepper
To Taste
Red Cayenne Pepper


Directions
1. Chop up the onion and carrots into small slices and pieces.  Add a little oil into pan if needed and start frying them on low heat.  Onions will be ready when clear.
2. Boil 2 cups of water and add 2 cups of rice.  I generally use the 5 minute rice so it just sits for 5 minutes.
3. While that is frying (and you are stirring occasionally) dice the chicken into small bite sized pieces.  I like to butterfly the chicken or buy thin cut breasts and use double the chicken breasts.  Once the onions are clear add the chicken and turn the heat up to medium and stir and cook the meat thoroughly.
4. It is ok to add the rice a little before the center of the chicken is cooked.  Lower the temp to between medium and low and slowly add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and soy sauce. (I always leave cayenne till last and just taste test it as I add it.)
5. Push the stir-fry around the pan so you have an opening in the center.  Scramble the egg(s) and then cook them in the center mixing everything together when complete.


I love this meal!  This is one of my favorite meals.  This last time because of my diet through the Shaklee program Cinch It that I am doing with my #cinchspiration Team I have made slight changes to the recipe.  I used 2 Tbsp of olive oil instead of Canola oil in the pan as well as cooking spray before the eggs were being cooked to reduce calories.  I also put in the 1 Tbsp of salt instead of two to reduce my salt and used a low sodium soy sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...